Friday 15 January 2010

Pheasantry



I have been struggling with a colour palette and feeling very uninspired as not wanting to completely emulate the catwalk colours... well, whilst driving up my driveway I was contemplating colour and admiring the deep greens in the trees, washed out ash yellow of the long grass and piercing blue sky (a rarity for the english winter) I knew my colour palette had to reflect this refreshing, stunning countryside, when a pheasant scattily ran in front the car ( a talent pheasants have) when it literally hit me.... a pheasant inspired colour palette- the very essence of the country side with a delicate touch; irresidscent greens and purples, deep chocolate browns and lighter musty yellow browns, with shocking red and with so many detailed feathers- this is the start of my colour palette and possible print designs. Not literally taking the feathers but more drawing from the shapes of these feathers and seeing what happens with layering and free hand drawing.


Refined colour story, colours taken from within Pheasant- dyes mixed with procion and fabric is satin silk, through dyeing a mass of tones and colours on strips fabric I laid them all out selecting the tones and colour vibrancy that most reflected the pheasants colouring and selecting grey to even out the intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment