Wednesday 24 February 2010

Disastrous Prints... Alleluia Moments...


All of my print designs were looking dull, this is due to a hazey colour palette that obtains no drama, the hue of colours chosen are montone. Changing the colour palette to dramtise my designs will maxmise my design ideas aswell as lifting it.

The drawings from shapes within the feather (above)
Embellishment ideas/ development (below)


Using the whole peasant instead of segments to create the print design.

The print designs look murky and stodgy, they generate no mood of obtain no necessity to my designs, feeling very low and uninspired I looked at my inspirational imagery and realised that none of it has prints, a few embellishment details but is mainly constructed pieces, so felt slightly foolish but also relieved as it answered alot questions. The colour story was all wrong, as were the prints, a change in focus and energy has me very excited again.

No comments:

Post a Comment