Friday 30 April 2010

Image is Everything


On Wednesday David Lam presented us with our picture, this picture is so monumental as it represents me as a designer and the underlying message of my collection, so high hopes and a lot is riding on this image.

He came in and natural everyone gravitated towards the screen. Its distressing enough being alone, but with the all the beaming eyes inspecting each image it was irrevocably intense. He called my name as it flashed up in front the screen,Horror, Surprise, Excitement and Beauty all came to mind. Horror as it was not my original intention for the photoshoot, excitement as this image was beautiful and I was proud to call this mine, surprise as i didn't love it perhaps as much as i should and excitement with how remarkable it was. Very mixed emotions...

A few days later and I still feel uneasy about it, buts its growing on me. It reflects the mood of my collection perfectly, the model is exquisitely beautiful and the pose is perfection, the maiden dress appears to be lightly kissing her skin, gently cascading down to dress the body with a glimmer of the under garment jumpsuit adding to the ensemble instead of distracting from the natural beauty of the dress, the fur cape draping over her shoulders looks so effortless with the militant badges setting it apart from the obvious. With all these remarkable elements to this photograph I still have reservations; I suppose thats the ragging perfectionist inside me combined with the nagging cynic, I find it it all too easy to pick and criticse my work instead of simply enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment