Friday 16 April 2010

Day of the Shoot

The photoshoot wasn't very successful as I wanted the photographer to use the same girl twice in two outfits, one in the maiden dress, jersey undergarment jumpsuit and fur cape and the other in the ellie jumpsuit and geddes-west blazer. I wanted her to be starring at herself in two different outfits, in a checking out/ starring the other one out manor, with the mood and look being slightly wild and hazey, with huge inspiration being drawn on the Mulberry ad campaign fall 09. But he immediately dismissed it, and basically did what he wanted. I was very skeptical as it wasn't my vision.

Pablo one of the head mac make-up artists did a fantastic job of the make-up, drawing on a moody 1920s look with deep glossy mahogany lips, matte face and black smoky intense eyes. The hair was done by myself in a back combed sweeping side bun.

Once I saw the maiden dress on combined with the hair and make-up it was actually stunning, it looked elegant, naive, subtle and very delicate- which was exactly my aim.

Also deciding that any jewelry would detract from the delicacy of this outfit, and wanting the focus to purely on the clothing.

The final shots looked breath taking my only reservation was it looked very 1940s- esque and I was anticipating this outcome, but i shall await the final picture in a few weeks... very excited and painstakingly nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment