Tuesday 24 November 2009

does fashion affect immoral behaviuor


The first draft of dissertation was in yesterday, i cant say that im pleased with it, i cant quite pinpoint what it is, I'm sure my tutorial session will help.

IMAGE (left) I discussed the role of the mini skirt, in the 60s it represented freedom, no
w-days it can represent a powerful chic business woman, or a lady of the night depending on the surroundings we determine what the person represents.
I am still discovering new material through reading books; the references and citations lead me onto other material that helps.

My use of imagery i feel still could be refined, some of the pictures i took for the case-study haven't printed well at all, so i will re-take those to ensure my picture quality will be pristine, and hopefully the print quality will improve.

IMAGE (left) imagery from my case study, the blurry quality needs to amended, all of the girls that partook in my study emotions and feeling changed depending the outfit, the behaviour followed their emotions accordingly.

Just a wee bit of imagery and info on whats going on.

Basically still work to be done but I have learned alot already and its been eye opening and has
questioned where my morals lie, and if they are unrealistic ideals. Froid and Flugels writings have challenged me the most. It has also proved my original preconceptions that fashion does affect behaviour but immoral behaviour is purely an opinion so its hard to define, in my eyes it does with the use of media exploitation of celebrities like jordan and a lack of modest clothing on the high street, the mass of clothing available is skimpy which in turn encourages provocative behaviour. So i feel it does, but, this immoral behaviour is dependant upon ideals and cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment