Sunday 29 November 2009

Dyslexia session on Dissertation

After my Dyslexia session I left feeling like alot of work needs to be done, I already knew this but I need to work on other aspects too, like my writing styles, paragraphic, academic references and ethnicity from the case-study.

My academic writing style needs to be seriously improved and she will de doing a series of exercises to help improve these skills. I felt like I was improving rapidly on this area with all of the editorials I'm writing for the magazine, however the style is colloquial not academic.

I also restructured my dissertation with paragraphs and created an additional section to allow more historical academic referencing. The appendix section was clarified and further explained, I am able to move some material into this area allowing more space to tackle the question.

Next week I'm tackling an area called ethnicity. Not too sure what its all about so will raid the library to have some knowledge on this subject.

The outcome was generally positive from my first draft, but my writing needs to have more clarity and I need to write in an academic style . The tutor commented on my concept and paragraphs saying they were very good but needs to have the 'academic quality' to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment