Tuesday 24 November 2009

free styling

so I've finally found my groove......... free hand painting!!! i was struggling slightly with stencils I had developed them into embellishments to give intricate detailing and depth but they were still lacking fluidity and just pizzaz, but whilst my tutor was flipping through my sketch book he noticed that it was awash with print ideas, that were free hand painted by myself.
IMAGE (left) this was the page in my sketchbook that flipped it for myself and tutor. My fabric samples will be up as soon as they are out of the steamer and washing machine.

So I've been on the screen with my inks (in the same colours as before) and have been free hand painting from my sketch book focusing on animal prints and skeletons from my observational sketches from Darwin's exhibitions. I am getting detail, depth, fluidity and colour.


Next I will be focusing on
colour selections next by restricting myself to 2 colours to give differentiati
on between them all, as some of my samples where the same colour concentration has been used are looking slig
htly same samey.

IMAGE: (left) the paper imprint of one my designs

AND enough is enough, i will be just doing my main ones, as my pattern is made, fabric is decided and theres no going back, so i need to get on with it!!!!

IMAGE: (below) paper imprint from a design that was painted on the screen directly inspired out of my sketchbook (top image)

No comments:

Post a Comment