Monday 7 December 2009

Downer

Today I was challenged with lots of issues, have overcome most of them:
FABRIC, the silk satin looks so much better than silk twill and silk cotton, it retains the vibrant colour, has a gentle rich tactile texture to it which illuminates a lush indulgence, proving that the silk satin triumphs over the other fabrics. Noticing this weeks ago ordered with Whaleys the silk satin fabric but due to a burglary my order was not noted, so i bought some but it had a polyester finish therefore the dye did not hold to the fabric. Ordered some today with the uni from Whaleys, so I'm hoping it will be there by Thursday so I can carry on with my printing.

BOWS, following on my tutors remarks on the bows I started to produce constructed bows instead of the tied bows. But these look rigid and don't have the fluidity and natural element to them. The tied bows look better and fit with the design of my prints.

DRAWING, Today i focused on drawing my designs as a collection. This is half way there but in my first two attempts I was using too much colour which looked loud and garish. The outline drawing is developed and looks stable, proportioned and emotional, I will present the colours in a delicate way as to not overpower the design.

These were my struggles today and I'm hoping by Thursday the fabric will be delivered for printing, and will look on everything with fresh eyes, this will hopefully re-inspire and motivate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment